CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, April 23, 2010

Friday Confessional



It's that time again. That day of the week where I confess all of my deep, dark secrets. I'm a little late this evening. We drove from St. Louis to my parents' house in Indiana this evening, so I am just now getting a chance to sit down and write. I am also very tired from the muscle relaxer and Vicodin I took that are barely dulling the pain in my neck so I won't be on here for long.

What am I guilty of this week? Let's see...well, for starters...I've been back and forth, up and down with regards to living yeast-free. I'm not binging like I had been, which is good. However, my whole "I'm only going to allow myself 5 non-yeast-free meals per week" has been more like 5 yeast-free meals this week! I'm weakest when I am in pain. And I have been in a LOT of pain this week. It makes it very difficult to focus on cooking and eating right. Excuses, excuses...I know. But when I can't even focus on work because the pain is too intense, the last thing I am going to be focusing on is cooking healthy! That being said, there has been a lot of eating out going on. And there were the Reese's Peanut Butter Cups this evening, among other things that I am too ashamed to confess!

It's been a rough week. Here's to hoping that next week I will be in less pain and make better choices.


2 comments:

  1. I for one am quite fascinated to know why you are attempting to live completely yeast free. This must be very difficult. Sorry your week hasn't been the best. Hope you find some relief soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jamie :) I tried to respond to your comment on my grain-free sugar-free almond butter cookies recipe, but you don't have your email connected to your profile, so I thought I'd do it this way,just in case you don't check the post again.

    Her recipe called for 1/3 c. honey, but I halved the recipe, based on the amount of almond butter I had in the house, so I'd say 1/6 c.

    Let me know how they come out! :)

    ReplyDelete