CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Still struggling...

I'm craving sugar and sweets like crazy! It is driving me crazy. I got myself all detoxed, was doing great, hurt my knee and then I let that be an excuse to stumble along and introduce gluten and sugar back into my system. And now I'm having a hard time getting myself back on track. Yesterday was not a good day. It wasn't a horrible day, but it didn't end well. Today I did pretty good. I made chili last night and took that work with me. I picked up McD's for the kids on the way to the Y and while they aren't healthy, the fries are gluten-free so I ate some of those for dinner. When I got home tonight I was hungry and just really wanted something sweet. The Milky Way bars are just sitting there calling to me! Why do I have them in the house? Because I *was* going to make Kris a Milky Way cake for his birthday, which has now come and gone. Poor Kris! Anyway...I decided to fight the urge to break down yet again and eat one. Instead I started thinking of what I could make that was sweet and 'safe'. Candied pecans! So I thought, yes, that's it. That's what I will make. They are cooling now...

I feel victorious!

No comments:

Post a Comment