CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Doing...ok...

With the exception of pizza night, I've done well the last couple of days. I've definitely avoided the sugar and it has been hard for sure, but I've done it! This time around, I am experiencing those immediate cravings for bread and sugar that I didn't experience the first time I started this yeast-free 'thing'. All I can think about whenever I am driving these days is Diet Dr. Pepper. It's torture really. The last three days have been a serious battle to resist the temptation to say 'A little high fructose corn syrup never hurt anyone!' But the truth is, high fructose corn syrup is a HORRIBLE thing to put into your body. Between that and white sugar and white flour, WE are killing ourselves. Do a little research sometime and find out what sugar and flour do to your body. There are certain things that I believe our bodies were never intended to ingest. And for most people, they are our favorite things! So to prohibit yourself from those things can be quite a challenge.

I've been cooking more the last couple of days and it has felt great. My knee is finally healing to the point that I can be up more and do more. I made a pork roast, potatoes and corn on the cob Friday night. Yesterday I made some coconut macaroons, which sadly are all gone already! Right now I have some round steak in the crock pot and the house smells amazing!! I'll make some homemade mashed potatoes here in a bit and we'll have a great dinner. Now if I could just finally get up and try that new recipe for Snickerdoodles. Sadly this week I did not attain my goal of making that coffee cake or the meatloaf. Maybe next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment