CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, February 26, 2010

Do I really HAVE to?

Yes, I really do. I have to start planning. I have to find recipes and meals that are quick and easy to prepare and get ready for the next two weeks. Everything in me wants to procrastinate...like I do with everything else. But the financial adviser I hired (i.e. my husband) has set some very clear guidelines. I have to stay within the budget. And no more eating out. I could easily give up the eating out-that part will be harder on him. What I am going to miss is the convenience. I've written before about how busy we (as a society) are and how this has led to the overabundance of fast food and frozen meals full of ingredients no one should ever consume. And it is that same overabundance of chemicals and processed food that leads to the overabundance of yeast, which leads to an overabundance of so many other physical and emotional problems.

I'm a little overwhelmed when I think about where to begin. I am coming off over two weeks working non-stop...I think between the last 2 weeks I put in almost 100 hours. I have got to learn how to leave the office at...well...the office! Because I can't keep coming home from work and working some more. While we're slammed right now, it isn't going to help me in the long run if I don't slow down. In fact, I am getting the annoying head cold that seems to be going around right now. I felt it coming on during the night...I kept waking up with pain behind my eyes, in my head, in my ears. I've been congested all day and as I sit here typing my head is swimming...something is going on with my equilibrium. I need to take some Nyquil and call it a day, but I HAVE to get some rough idea of what I need to buy for our meals over the next two weeks.

Ultimately, I believe that it is Satan attacking. Kris and I are trying hard to live within our means...and having to shell out over $800 last night went a long way towards ensuring that it is that much more difficult! But I find it awfully convenient that now as we commit to buckling down and living and eating right that I am getting sick. Sometimes he (Satan) just makes me so mad!! Tomorrow I HAVE to clean, so that I can get groceries, so that I can put them away, so that I can cook, so that my family can eat. Deep breath...oh wait, with this cold I can't take one. :-)

I suppose I have put off the inevitable for long enough. It's time to dive in, despite the dizziness and achy head and start planning. Here's to hoping that I wake up feeling refreshed and full of energy tomorrow instead of loopy and exhausted! Pray warriors out there, send 'em my way!

No comments:

Post a Comment