CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Writing because I feel I must

I don't really feel like writing tonight. I just finished updating what I call my 'personal' blog. This one is all about food. That one is all about family. Hey, my two favorite things! ;-) But I think accountability is both good and necessary. This has been an insane week. While I haven't gone crazy and jumped in with both feet and gobbled up all the sugar I could find, for the sake of convenience, there has been quite a bit of bread consumption in the form of fast food sandwiches. But on a personal note (i.e. not food related, though food is very dear to my heart), we had to replace the fuel pump in our van today and it led to discussions about how much we eat out and how we really need to eat at home. Primarily so that we can buy a newer used van in the near future, but also just to stop eating out!

So tomorrow night, while the kids are asleep and my husband works on an outside project for one of his clients, I am going to be meal planning. And I will be searching high and low for quick and easy yeast-free meals. One place I am planning to turn is to one of my new favorite websites: http://yeastfreeliving.com/. I feel connected to the woman that operates this website as I am almost convinced that she and I are the only people out there trying to figure this yeast-free thing out. Though I should give a shout out to a new reader Scott and an old friend and reader April because they can actually add to our number of those trying to adjust to this. Hooray--there are four of us now! Anyway, I love this website for many reasons. I don't have time right now to test out different ingredients and experiment and adapt recipes. I need it to be easy right now and Tenille makes that happen. When I have more time, like say I ever get to be a stay-at-home (or better yet a work-from-home) mom, I would LOVE to experiment with different recipes. Right now, I'm lucky on the weekends if I feel like doing anything other than nothing!

Anyway...so I have to plan out our meals for the next pay period. Then I will have the awful task of grocery shopping on Saturday. I am NOT looking forward to this and I'm not looking forward to the amount of money it is going to take to strategically feed my family of six. BUT...if we can stick to it, I know that there will be many benefits. I will be able to stick to the yeast-free lifestyle while getting my family healthy, we'll save money and keeping my youngest away from the dreaded soy bean oil (and hopefully those awful asthma attacks)! It will be a good thing. It's just going to take a lot of time and thought and planning - and I am not sure how I will accomplish all of that. I guess I'll let you know how it goes. I'm NOT a planner!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jamie,

    Planning is so hard but so crucial to both the success of the candida diet and getting a food budget under control. This are 2 things that I really struggle with too. Good luck with the plan and be patient with yourself at first as you are working it out.

    I am really glad that you are finding helpful information on my site. I find your blog equally inspiring and try to keep up with your posts. Happy Menu Planning! I know that you can do it.

    Best,
    Tennille

    ReplyDelete