CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, February 22, 2010

Bread

I hate bread. Ok, perhaps that is just a little bit extreme. I don't really hate bread. But I am learning something; have learned something. Granted, it took giving in to temptation and stopping for dinner at Steak n Shake for this to really sink in. I didn't make it very far did I? No screw ups tomorrow though. What I have discovered is that (for me anyway) once you go without bread for a certain period of time, and then you eat it again, it just doesn't taste quite the same. Crackers don't taste the same. Toast doesn't taste quite the same. Bread just does not taste as good as it used to. And this is a good thing!! It means that it will be that much easier the next time to pass it up. I had little to no sugar today which I count as a success. That is my real weakness. Though I will acknowledge that this too doesn't taste quite as good as it used to. I am excited about this. I am thrilled that even though I am still slipping up, making conscious choices to 'cheat', I am finding that those things I used to love just aren't as good as they used to be. Does this excite anyone else???? It excites me! It means that if I keep up with this, I think my cheating will become less and less and my taste buds will change to where I prefer the alternatives to flour and sugar. I can hope right?!?

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jamie,

    This excites me too. Bread is just not the same to me anymore and it is one of those things that I miss the least but was very hard to give up initially. Sugar is my problem too. I just can't get enough of it and really have to work hard to stay away from it. I am glad that you are back on track and I hope that you are feeling the immediate benefits of these sacrifices.

    Be well,
    Tennille

    ReplyDelete