CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Forced to make a choice

Well, I have been so sick this weekend that I have realized my 'plan' to just kind of wander along, putting forth little effort to eat yeast-free, until after spring break is over (March 19th) has been thwarted. I feel so incredibly sick right now. And the more I think about it, the more I realize that while it will be a LOT of work to eat right while we are on vacation, it would be even worse to be sick the entire time we are gone. So, here I am committing to doing my best--starting now. To plan. To cook. To eat right. I'll admit this scares me. It scares me and it angers me just a little bit because vacation is supposed to be relaxing. It's time away with my family, and time that I do not have to (DO NOT WANT TO) work! But planning and cooking and eating right is a LOT of work! So there is a part of me that is resistant, but an ever larger part of me that has no desire to feel this miserable on vacation. It's a catch 22...

While I've given into temptation and made poor choices off and on for a while now, this weekend is the first time I have just flat out given absolutely no thought to what I was putting into my body. I went into full out rebellion. Rebellion has consequences and I am feeling those now!! So, do NOT follow my example. You WILL regret it, as I am now regretting every ounce of gluten and sugar and yeast that I put into my mouth!

Tomorrow (thank God!) is a new day, which means a new opportunity to make the right choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment