CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Apple Cinnamon Muffins

I decided to give the muffins another shot. This time, I was equipped with a few ideas and made a few alterations to the recipe.

First things first, I used my wonderful Apple/Peeler/Corer/Slicer to make quick work of my apple! This small/medium sized apple was just about one cup. I peeled, sliced and cored it and set it aside.

After chopping it:

Next I put 2 large eggs, almost 1/2 cup of agave nectar, 2 tsp. vanilla, and a stick of melted butter in a small bowl and whisked them all up.


I had thought/hoped that in doing this it would all mix up smoother.


In my awesome Kitchenaid Mixer, I put 3 cups of almond meal (this time instead of Bob's Red Mill I used "Simply Almond Meal" from Trader Joes. I added 1 tsp. of baking soda and after I mixed the liquid ingredients in, I decided to go ahead and add 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce.


After it was mixed well, I added my chopped apple and 1 tsp. Cinnamon Plus Spice Blend from The Pampered Chef. LOVE that spice!


Here is the finished product! They LOOK good...



I was scared to taste these after tasting the Blueberry ones I attempted last night. But these were moist and almost delicious! I say almost. The only thing that would have made these better is if they had been a little sweeter. They were definitely sweeter than last night's that will probably not get eaten. But they just seemed like they needed a little bit more. But the apples and cinnamon paired with the almond meal was great! And the texture was wonderful too. I hope that they will freeze well. Oh I also thought while eating it that they would taste even better with walnuts.

Oh by the way, this ISN'T one of those fancy, perfect photo food blogs. These pictures are un-doctored and as good as they get! The turnout of this second batch gives me confidence that I will perfect this! And I know that even as they are now, my kids will love them. They are yeast-free and soy bean oil free so my whole family can enjoy them.

No comments:

Post a Comment