CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, April 30, 2010

Leftover muffins?

...GOOD!

I enjoyed 1 1/2 Apple Cinnamon Muffins this morning for breakfast. All of my kids (except Abbey) tried them and loved them! And if my son liked them, who is almost as picky as his father anyone, then they MUST be good! Abbey wasn't opposed to trying them...she just wasn't in the room when I ate them. When she found out she missed out, she was a little sad. But I still have 12 in the freezer so she'll have another opportunity. I think I will make pumpkin next, or some with grain-sweetened chocolate chips.

I started my own little 'meme' on my other blog, so I thought I would participate in Friday Follow here on this one. So if you came here through Friday Follow, WELCOME! I'm glad your here.

Friday Follow

Here is what you will NOT find here:

*Someone who always makes the right choices ALL THE TIME.
*Someone who makes the right choices MOST of the time.
*A tall thin girl who NEVER struggles with weight, no matter what she does.
*Someone who goes to the gym religiously and works out long and hard until her body is perfectly toned.

What you will find is this:

*An imperfect girl (woman sounds old-I'll forever be 29 no matter how many years pass me by!) who struggles with her weight.
*Someone who adores chocolate and desserts and has a hard time saying "No" to them.
*Someone who is in desperate need of the only One who can give provide what she needs to make the right choices.
*Someone who makes the wrong choice on an almost daily basis.

Can anyone else relate to that? God never promised us that life was going to be easy. It is most definitely anything BUT easy! It is in our nature to gratify ourselves and do what we want, when we want, to whatever excess we want. I'm like the Apostle Paul. Anyone else feel like Paul did in Romans 7:14-25?

"14We know that the law is spiritual; but I am unspiritual, sold as a slave to sin. 15I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. 16And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. 17As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. 18I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature.[a] For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. 19For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing. 20Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
21So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. 22For in my inner being I delight in God's law; 23but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. 24What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? 25Thanks be to God—through Jesus Christ our Lord!
So then, I myself in my mind am a slave to God's law, but in the sinful nature a slave to the law of sin."
Bible Gateway

Some days I feel like I will never get it right. And then I am reminded that on my own, I WILL NEVER GET IT RIGHT. It is only by trusting in and depending on God that I CAN DO ALL THINGS. How often I forget that!!

9 comments:

  1. Hi :-) Nice to meet you! New Follower from the Friday Follow! You can come follow me at One Savvy Mom ( www.savvycouponmommy.blogspot.com )
    New Reviews/Giveaways Post Daily!
    Have a Wonderful Weekend!
    ~Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there.
    Stopping by via Friday Follow to say hello.

    Have a great weekend!
    http://harrietandfriends.com/2010/04/do-you-carry-proof-of-citizenship-with-you/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Following you back :)
    http://littleyayasandblessed.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I'm a new follower of your lovely blog on FF.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by on ff! Looking forward to reading your blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for following! Returning the favor and following you too. Hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete