CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 19, 2010

No fat, no calorie dressing? Really?

I went by the grocery store after work tonight to pick up some steaks to put on the grill. While I was there, I decided to buy some salad 'stuff'. Since my doctor said I could have vinegar now, I thought that surely I could find a dressing that didn't have sugar in it. While I would really love to indulge in my favorite:
Fat Free Catalina

It is filled with high fructose corn syrup and this makes me very, very sad. Someday I hope to create a dressing that tastes just as good as that, but for now, I'll have to settle with what I can find at the store. I actually went over to the refrigerated dressings just to see if I could find a certain Italian dressing that is great for marinating steaks. As I was looking at the dressings, the words sugar-free and gluten-free danced in front of my eyes. Could it be? An entire line of salad dressings that don't have fat, calories, sugar or gluten??? They don't even carry this many different 'safe' salad dressings at Whole Foods. I was shocked to find at least 6 different varieties of dressing at my local grocery store. I decided to try the Ranch, even though I typically hate fat-free versions of the delight that is Ranch dressing! I can't say that I love it. In fact, I didn't like it at all simply dipping carrots into it. It was somewhat bitter by itself but not horrible. I decided to go ahead and try it on my salad...and it wasn't that bad. Considering it had no calories, no fat, no sugar, no gluten, it could be worse! Anyway, I don't know if your local grocery store has it or not, but it's by Walden Farms. It might be worth checking into.

1 comment:

  1. I can't do the Walden Farms dressings, they just taste awful to me. However, their syrup, AWESOME! I'm a big fan. Good luck trying to find what you can stand to eat and works for you.

    Came over through Glamazon, in case you were wondering.

    ReplyDelete