CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 10, 2010

Lord's Table - Day 2

One of the opening verses in tonight's lesson really got me thinking:

Ecclesiastes 6:7 - "All man's efforts are for his mouth, yet his appetite is never satisfied."

ISN'T THAT THE TRUTH????

I really liked this quote:

"Food is not designed to satisfy the heart, but rather to provide nutrition to the body."

How often I live quite the opposite. I eat in an effort to satisfy my heart. This will ALWAYS lead to failure. God is the only One who can truly satisfy my heart. It doesn't matter how much or how good that chocolate cake is. It isn't going to give me the satisfaction that I am really longing for.

Today is a half day. All meals, cut in half. I had one (instead of two) Apple Cinnamon Muffins for breakfast. I ate half a can of vegetable soup (I'd normally eat the whole can). At my trip to Whole Foods I bought more of my favorite Nut Thins and picked up some top sirloin steak to make for Kris and I. I bought a pound. I cooked 2/3 of it for Kris and 1/3 for me. Normally I'd chow down on the whole 8 oz. myself but gave Kris more so as I control myself. It was REALLY good; and I found a great gluten-free, agave nectar sweetened Sweet Teriyaki Marinade. I put those on the grill and finished the day off that way.

I have a horrible migraine tonight. I'm hoping to fall asleep EASILY tonight. I took a Xanax and Melatonin. I don't like taking these every day but I haven't slept in at least the last2 nights.

There's not really much more to say. I'm spacey and my head is throbbling. Hope everyone has a great evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment