CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, May 22, 2010

A new recipe-CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES!

I'm back...did you miss me?

I've been so swamped lately. It bugs me. I'm hoping to find a good balance this summer between working from home WITH all four kids, trying some new recipes and keeping up with my house. But let's be realistic. I'll be lucky to do more than manage to work with the four kids here, let alone finish the other things...

Anyway...I love Elana's Pantry. I really do. I haven't had a bad experience yet with her recipes. Granted, I've only tried a handful...but still...

Tonight I decided to try Chocolate Cupcakes. For the icing, as directed on Elana's Pantry, I just mixed 1 cup of heavy cream with 2 Tbsp. agave nectar and whipped it until stiff peaks formed. It tasted like cool whip! This is exciting to me because ever since I started living yeast-free, I haven't been able to find any ice cream or cool whip or the like that doesn't have corn syrup in it. Now I have. It's a great, light taste and texture to go on top of desserts that need just a little bit more moisture.

I really enjoyed the cupcake I ate last night. They were still warm and they were delicious! Before bed I frosted them and put them into the fridge. As far as the kids go, two liked them and two didn't. My son didn't like the icing...he just ate the bottom half of his cupcake. Olivia loved it and wanted more and Katherine ate hers and the top half of Kaleb's. Abbey, well she took a small bite (primarily of the icing I think) and spit it out. So Kris finished hers off. I added strawberries to them to give them some color and just add that great taste that IS strawberries and chocolate!


Next time, I am going to use the icing from the spice muffins (a.k.a. Cinnamon Bun Muffins) with these and I think it will just add that little bit extra to make them taste terrific!

No comments:

Post a Comment