CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, November 20, 2009

Pumkin Cheesecake

So my first sugar-free, gluten-free dessert turned out...OK. I altered Kraft's recipe for Pumpkin Cheesecake, and used a pecan-based crust. With the exception of a slightly bitter aftertaste, and I am thinking it is from the Stevia, it actually tastes good-well, at the very least, it doesn't taste like dirt. I don't know what to do about the aftertaste-I'll have to experiment with it more.

The recipe for the crust is in my previous post:

This is the recipe I used for the cheesecake:

2 pkg (8 oz each) cream cheese, softened
1/2 tsp Stevia powder (I may try just 1/4 tsp next time)
1/2 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
1/2 cup canned pumpkin
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon and a dash of nutmeg (I use Pampered Chef's Cinnamon Plus Spice Blend)

Beat cream cheese, stevia and vanilla until well blended. Beat in eggs, 1 at a time, just until blended. Remove 1 cup batter; place in medium bowl. Stir in pumpkin and spices. Spray 9-inch pie plate with cooking spray; press the crust into the bottom and on the sides. Top with layers of plain and pumpkin batters. Bake 40 min. or until center is almost set. Cool completely. Refrigerate 3 hours.

Now I didn't actually separate the cream cheese with the pumpkin and cream cheese without-because I kind of missed this part! But I don't think it would have altered the taste at all. I'll figure out a way to tame down the bitter-ish aftertaste. Overall, it's the best sugar-free, gluten-free dessert I've tasted. Of course the only other things I have tasted reminded me of dirt...so maybe my gauge for what's good isn't to be trusted!

No comments:

Post a Comment