CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Pumpkin Muffins

So today I found some courage and did a little experimenting. Pumpkin bread sounded really good today! But I didn't know how to make it gluten and sugar free. So I did some research and after looking a numerous recipes, I decided to just pick one and substitute what I could. The muffins ended up very moist and light and while they were not as sweet as what you may be used to in pumpkin bread, they didn't taste like dirt, so I figured this was a good thing! Kris said that it actually had a bread texture. Here is the recipe I adapted:

1 cup brown rice flour
1 cup tapioca flour
1 cup almond meal/flour
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp corn starch (you can substitute arrowroot for this if you can't have corn)
1/4 tsp salt

3/4 cup agave nectar (next time I would like to double this amount because it wasn't sweet enough-but I ran out)
1 1/4 cup oil
4 well-beaten eggs
1 (15 oz) can of pumpkin
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix together all of the dry ingredients. In a separate bowl, combine agave nectar, oil and eggs. Add this to the dry mixture, then add the pumpkin and applesauce. Divide into muffin tins-makes about 30 muffins). Bake for 22-25 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment