CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, December 11, 2009

A week of cravings

When I first got diagnosed with Candida, everyone told me that for the first week or two I would experience cravings for sugar and bread. Well, for the first 6 weeks, I did not experience this at all. But a little over a week ago, it all caught up with me. We were on the go quite a bit, having joined the YMCA. I've actually gone every day for the last 9 days-and it's been really great. But being on the go has left us eating out a lot and left me cooking a lot less. In fact, there is actually very little in my house that doesn't have to be thawed out that I can actually eat. So this past week has been one that hasn't been great as far as good, yeast-free food choices. I had cereal a couple of times and while this didn't make me sick, pretty much everything else I had (chicken nuggets from McD's specifically) that wasn't yeast-free has made me sick. It seems like I had a couple other things this past week that has made me sick but I can't put my finger on them right now.

I hope that the cravings are tapering off now. That was NOT fun. I was really excited that I wasn't getting the cravings and then BAM! They just attacked me without warning. Getting sick the last few days has really helped me nip my caving in the bud! That's always a good motivator.

Last week at church we had chili and it got me really missing MY chili. Indiana chili! And no, it is not called chili mac even if it does have spaghetti noodles in it! Well, there are all kinds of bad things in MY chili...yeast extract, sugar, gluten. So after having the chili on Sunday (not to mention the freezing cold temperatures!), I've been craving chili. Well tonight I finally sat down and Googled 'gluten-free chili'. What I came across was a treat. Not only did I find a recipe for gluten-free chili that actually sounds good, there was also a recipe for gluten-free cornbread. So, if I can get to the store and get the ingredients I am missing, I am hoping to make both of those tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment