CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Breakfast Casserole

Since I started this new diet, it's been difficult finding quick and easy breakfast foods. Oatmeal is out for now, and of course, cream of wheat is also out. So there go two options down the drain. Also, any pre-packaged breakfast food is out too. That basically leaves eggs. There are some sausages out there (though they aren't easy to find) that don't have any of the 'bad' ingredients in them, but in the beginning, I got tired of eggs and sausage really fast. I really need some time to experiment with different muffins and the like that I make myself-something that will freeze well that I can just take out and warm up in the morning. Not only was I getting tired of the eggs and sausage, I was having a difficult time forcing myself to get up early enough to make breakfast.

Well I am starving now and really craving something 'breakfast-y'. So here is my recipe for gluten-free, sugar-free breakfast casserole:

16 oz frozen hashbrowns
2 cups sharp cheddar cheese
1 lb. sausage, browned and drained (watch the labels)
10 eggs
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 3/4 cup milk

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spread hashbrowns in 13x9 pan. Sprinkle cheese and sausage over the hashbrowns. Mix eggs, milk, salt and pepper in a bowl and then pour mixture over hashbrowns, cheese and sausage. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until set. Makes 12 servings.
1 serving=277 calories


No comments:

Post a Comment